Thursday, January 1, 2015

December 15, 2014

Wow this week seemed to fly by! Seems like just yesterday I was sitting here writing you guys and here I am again. It's crazy how fast time flies and its' also sad haha. It honestly makes me wish time went slower sometimes. I always tell the new missionaries that I wish I had their time and I really do. This was a pretty normal week here in Talara. We had a lot of stuff to do like normal and I think that is why time seems like it is going even faster. In our branch they just called a new mission leader and he is pumped to get the ward excited again. I feel like here a lot of the members have just fallen into a routine when it comes to the church. And maybe its a good thing and a bad thing haha. But we are excited to get to work with him. We are planning to just do tons of activities where the members can come and bring their friends and just have a good time together. He is an animator (is that even a word in English?) at parties so he is really good at getting people to come and getting them to participate.

Yesterday I and S came to church again and stayed for all three hours! We were so happy that they were able to come. It is hard for us because for the people in our area to get to the church they have to leave like 30 mins early and it takes a while to get to the church so it is nice to be finding people that are actually making the trip haha. They talked to us about how they want to get married so we are going to be working with them on that. We also have another family that we are teaching whose names are C and L. They were listening the the Jehovahs Witnesses for a really long time and the only reason they didn't get baptized was because they aren't  married. but we have been teaching them and they just told us the other day that they want us to help them get married. we didnt even have to say anything about it haha. so we are pretty pumped for their progress as well.

On Saturday I was in a work visit with Elder Smith from California. It was probably one of the best work visits of my entire mission. I feel like too many missionaries take work visits to seriously and just go to the area of the other missionary and tell them everything they are doing wrong and what they need to do better. I hate that. Every missionary already knows what he needs to improve on and doesnt need you to tell him a million times haha. I just like to go and have a good time and work hard with someone else for a day. Which is exactly what we did. We talked a lot about how fast time goes and how we need to enjoy every minute. We are the ones that make the choice if we enjoy it or not. We choose to be happy or sad and the mission is too short to be sad about anything for too long. We just need to enjoy every minute we have and learn how to live and teach the gospel while we are here.

Today me and my companion woke up at the crack of dawn to go run this giant mountain that looks over all of Talara. It was a nice workout but the view was so pretty to see the whole city and the ocean in the background. Then we spent the entire morning playing volleyball and soccer at the church. This week is going to be pretty rough because we aren't going to have water ALL week long. So our 50 gallon drum has to last us a week. We have decided that we are only going to shower two times this week haha. But we do have the Christmas devotional on Wednesday in Piura so that should be fun.


I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment