Saturday, September 7, 2013


If you know Logan...you can expect 2 years of this pose...


Well holy crap I don't know about you guys but that seemed like the longest week of my life. Yet its crazy that I´ve actually been on my mission for a week. I'm starting to get kind of sick of the food here because it´s always rice and something else. Oh and breakfast is pretty sketchy because the eggs are undercooked and the bacon is red. I just stick to the yogurt with cereal. I don't know if you guys know or not but I was made district leader last Thursday right after I emailed you so I had to wait until now to tell you. It´s great to have a responsibility to get my mind off of home. On Monday I had one of the greatest experiences of my life. I was feeling really homesick and was starting to second guess my decisions and what I was doing here. So like I usually do when this happens I open my scriptures. Well I was reading in Alma 26:27 I don't have time to look up the scripture and tell you what it says so you´ll have to do that but never in my life have I had any scripture hit me as hard as that did. No scripture has ever had such a profound impact on my attitude and I haven't been homesick yet. We also had an area 70 come and talk at our devotional on Tuesday and he did a really good job of saying you don't have to know the language you just have to have the spirit with you when you teach because that is whats going to effect people. Sorry for this horrible grammar but I just don't care enough to fix it. Oh and the language is coming along great. I can understand what people are saying to me I just struggle with telling them stuff.

Elder Russell from Morgan UT , Elder Miller from Washington and LOGAN.
Lima Peru Temple
Today was P day and every P day we get to go through the temple. The temple is always great but it was quite the experience to go through in Spanish haha. After that we got to shop for a couple hours and I got some Inca cola (best drink ever) and some choca sodas which is just a saltine covered in chocolate. haha they sound gross but are so good. I also picked up a sweet Peru soccer jersey for 24 soles (8 bucks!) and then we all get to cram about 20 missionaries on a miniature bus that is already full. I love going out into the city because it makes me excited to be in the field and not just locked up in the MTC (Missionary Torture Center) or CCM (Center for Captured Missionaries). I cant wait to get out of here and actually be helping and influencing peoples lives and actually be doing something instead of sitting in class all day. Our roommates leave next week and that sucks because I have
become close to them and hopefully our newbies aren't squares. well that's all for this week! I love you and I'm praying for you!


Logan at the Lima Peru Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment