Well I'm sure you guys have been waiting the past two days for my email haha. This week was pretty good. Conference was awesome and the best conference so far. All of the messages were awesome and there seemed to be an ongoing theme about how the world is changing but God is not and how we need to have the courage to stand up for what we believe in. The reason I'm writing late is because on Sunday night I had to fly to Lima to take care of some visa stuff. I thought it was going to suck but it was actually pretty awesome. I ended up getting my own room in the hotel which was weird to be alone for the first time in 7 months but the best part was that i had hot water. I showered three times that night and once the next morning haha. My first hot shower since I left the ccm. Everything went well with the visa stuff and now I am officially legal in Peru and they aren't going to kick me out haha. it was awesome because we got to eat McDonald's and Papa Johns that day too. It was a pretty good day haha. While we were at the visa place there was a group of missionaries from the CCM there and I ran in to good old Taylor Monson... small world haha. He said he was pretty excited to get out in the field and I talked to him for about five minutes. It was weird talking to him in English and sometimes I couldn't express what I wanted to say haha. One thing O really liked that someone said at conference is that the purpose of conference isn't fulfilled unless we are willing to act on the messages we hear... unless we are willing to change.
Love Logan
"Now go, live the gospel"
I asked Logan to share his testimony to share with my family but thought maybe others would like to hear it as well so here it is:
I know the church is true. Its not something that I believe or that I hope. Its something that I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt. I know that this church was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith and that he translated the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon contains the fulfillment of the gospel and the together with the bible we have all that we need here in this world. If we read it and apply its teachings to our life we will notice great differences in the quality of life that we live. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and that God speaks through him. I know that families can be together forever. That's what gives us hope. Hope that this life isn't where everything ends, but only where everything starts. I know that the power of an example is powerful. We never know who is watching us and that is why we need to be the same person in the dark as we are in the light. I know this church is true because it has blessed my life and the lives of my family more than I can explain. I have seen the church and this Gospel change the lives of people and that helps me build my own testimony. I love you guys. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment