Logan and his new companion Elder Patrizio with President & Sister Rowley
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Peruvian Birthday...cake in the face!
Well it was actually a pretty long week because I was in piura until Wednesday night haha. We were staying with the zone leaders and we had 6 missionaries and 4 mattresses. Well really 5 missionaries and 3 mattresses because one of the zone leaders is a bit on the heavy side and didn't want to give up his mattress haha. Anyway on Wednesday we got our companions and my new companion or hijo as they say in the mission is Elder Patrizio from Huanuco Peru. He is pretty cool and we have gotten along pretty good so far. It's awesome because I don't really have to teach him how to teach lessons or talk with the people. He came pretrained on that stuff haha. I just have to teach him a few basics and help him learn the rules. On Wednesday we had a party for my birthday with the people that live below us and a few members and the hermanas. It was awesome haha. They smashed eggs on my head and shoved my face in the cake and everything haha. Then on Friday we had another party with a different family and they didn't smash eggs but they definitely got pretty much my whole face in the cake haha. It was a nice Peruvian style birthday. I have told the pensionista that I am on a diet because I am getting too fat and my clothes aren't going to fit me in a month haha. Today we woke up at 5:30 to go play soccer with some members and it was so fun to get to play soccer again. Before my mission I didn't even like soccer and now all I want to do is play haha. Well that's all folks. Love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment