this is my newest purchase hahah an authentic peru long sleeve jersey. my companion told me that these things are few and far between in peru and that i should hold onto it for a while haha. i got it for 40 soles so it was really cheap. well its cheap when you have it in your blood to bargain with people haha. the other one is of a family that took us all out to eat on saturday after the baptism.
June 16 2014
Well this was a pretty good week for us in Chulucanas. We spent most of the week getting ready for the baptisms that we had on Saturday and everything ended up going really good with that. Teresa and her daughter maria got baptized and i got to baptize Teresa and my companion baptized maria. It was funny because at the last minute we realized the baptismal clothes that we had weren't going to fit and we were running around trying to find clothes haha but it all worked out. This week has been pretty hard with the world cup starting and everything because everyone is in their houses watching the games and nobody wants to talk to us haha. But it does make it easy to start a conversation with someone. So today is transfers. All week I was thinking and trying to figure out where they were going to send me. Then they called me on Saturday and told me that my companion got changed to Paita and that I am staying in Chulucanas. hahaha its crazy that they kept me here because normally you are only in an area for 3 transfers. By the time I leave I will have been here 6 months. But I'm happy because Chulucanas is a great area in the mission haha. It was kinda hard to say goodbye to Elder Patricio because he and I became really good friends. My new companion is Elder Pin from Ecuador. He is 24 and is the youngest in his family with 8 older sisters. He is pretty quiet so far so I guess I will see if I can open him up a bit haha. love you guys!
June 23 2014
Well this ended up being a pretty long but good week for us here. We have been working really hard to find new people to teach and that means talking to a lot of people that don't want to talk to you and walking around a lot. The other day I had a door slammed in my face for the first time by an old lady haha. but we ended up finding 11 new investigators this week so hopefully a few of them will actually progress. Anyways on Tuesday we were sitting in our room studying and all of the sudden we hear this chainsaw noise like right outside the door. Then we see smoke start rising up so I went to see what it was. They were fumigating for mosquitoes and I guess they forgot to let us know haha. So we had to hurry and run out of our room and run to the roof and just hang out there for like an hour until all of the smoke and stuff went away. I am now the only north american in my district haha. I thought for sure there would at least be one other white person but I'm the only one haha. So I am pretty much in charge of helping all of the Latinos learn English. Teaching English is a lot harder than you would think haha. Oh and by the way, I did get my companion to open up a little bit. haha. love you guys!
June 30 2014
Well this was a pretty good week even though we spent most of it traveling. On Tuesday night we were playing soccer outside of a members house waiting for all of the family to get home when out of nowhere a dog comes out and starts going crazy. I ended up being the one that got bit hahaha it was pretty cool. After it bit me I kicked the ball at it and drilled it right in the face and it ran away and didn't come back haha. The bite didn't really hurt. It didn't even break skin so don't worry haha.
On Wednesday night the zone leaders called us and said there was bad news. And every time they call and say that it means that someone has to go to Lima for their visa. Luckily this time it was my companion and not me haha. So he had to go to Lima for two days and that kind of screwed up our entire week. good thing I didn't go haha I'm sure you all know why.
in our branch there are 6 kids that are going to be leaving on their missions. two are going to columbia, one to paraguay, one to el salvador, and two that are waiting for their calls. its awesome to see so many kids leaving, especially from a little branch in the middle of nowhere. its great to see the work speeding up and getting to be a part of it.
yesterday we had a great day. we had the two kids that are going to get baptized on the 12th come to church and two other ladies that we are teaching. one had asisted before but the other one it was her first time and she was only going to go to sacrament meeting but after sacrament everyone started talking to her and getting to know her and she decided to stay for the rest of church. she really liked it and we are planning on challenging her to baptism this week. also yesterday we had a stake priesthood meeting in piura and it was one of the best priesthood meetings i have ever been in. the stake presidency talked and one of them talked about the importance of the priesthood, another one about the importance of preparation, and another about the importance of our callings in the church and how every calling has the same value in the lords eyes and all are an opportunity to serve.
love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment