Well here I am sitting in some random internet cafe in
Sullana Peru where no one speaks English. Just another day in paradise
haha. Where do I even start... well we got here on Tuesday, stayed the night in
a hotel, and then left for our areas Wednesday. My area is Sullana and the ward
I’m in is Sanchez Cerro. Sullana is the hottest area in all of Piura so I got
that going for me. So Wednesday night we had a lesson with Rigoberto and that
went good. I think. Haha it’s hard to even know whets going on when you don’t
speak the language. But my companion is really good at basically telling me
what to talk about so that’s good. Then on Thursday I saw the one eyed monster.
Yep. We were in the middle of teaching a lesson and the little kid runs up to
the mom and just starts lunch. hahaha well I though that it was like a rare
thing but nope. It’s happened pretty much every day since haha. Then yesterday
we were walking around to go to our lessons and we walked up to this guy who
was sitting outside his front door. This guy was probably 220, sitting in a
little tiny little kids chair holding his kid. Well while we were talking to
him, and I’m not making this up, that little tiny blue chair completely
shattered and he went down. Baby and all. It took everything in me not to be
laughing my guts out but I helped him up and we went in his house. After me and
my companion joked that the spirit broke the chair so that we could go in haha.
We have 5 baptisms coming up in the next month. 3 for the 27 of October and 2
for the 3 of November. These people are so awesome. They have nothing but still
want to make sure they give you something. Every time we go to Jorge’s house he
runs down the street and buys us a drink after the lesson. His house is made
out of bamboo and palm tree leaves. The food is awesome and a lot better than I
expected. haven’t had anything really bad yet. Well that’s all. Te amo
Logan
No comments:
Post a Comment