Looks like home...basketball in hand...a VERY worn out one!
This was a pretty long but good week for us here in Castilla. It all started on Monday when we were supposed to have two lessons but they both fell through. When we went to the second lesson the lady that we were going to teach was sick and in the hospital so I told them we could go and give her a blessing and they said okay. I felt like we needed to go for our room first but I didn't know why. So I said we were going to go to the room and then go to the hospital for the blessing. When we got to our room there were like 15 missed calls on the cell phone from the zone leaders so we called them and they told us my companion had to go to Lima and they forgot to tell us the day before. Luckily we live right next to the airport and ran there as fast as we could and he made it just in time to catch his flight.
This week we also set a baptism goal with Tony. He accepted September 9th as his baptismal date and we talked about the importance of going to church to be able to be ready. He was telling us that he was going to go and when we went to his house on Sunday morning he wasn't there and never showed up for church. So hopefully he comes to church.
Also I had to talk in church yesterday. They asked me last week if I could and I said yes and started preparing a talk. I prepared a talk on forgiveness but when we got there they told us there were two kids that got their mission calls on Saturday and we listened to their testimonies and the spirit was so strong. Then I realized there was no way I could talk about forgiveness after that! haha so I ended up just going up there planning on talking a little bit about missionary work and then 20 mins later I sat down to give the other guy time to talk haha. I just followed the spirit and said what came to my mind and ended up cutting it short haha. I love talking in church now.
Also we had a less active come to church yesterday that hadn't been to church in over two years. He is an English professor and loves talking in English with me and when he got there he told me he felt weird and that he didn't want to be there, told him to just wait and it will go away. Like an hour later me and him were joking around and having fun and laughing our heads off and he looks at me and says, "this is the first time I have laughed and the happiest I have been in like 2 months." haha it was awesome.
Well that's all for this week.
I love you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment