Well this was a good week here in Piura. It was kinda long because I am trying to get used to my new area and trying to learn my way around but we have been working hard. Last week when I asked my companion how our area was he told me that we need to find investigators, so we got right to work on that. he was telling me how nobody here even wants to listen to us and I thought he was just exaggerating or something but this is probably the hardest area I have been in so far when it comes to talking to new people. Most people just tell us they are busy and don't even open the door. But I told my companion to not worry about it and to have faith and right after that we started finding a ton of people and now have a lot more investigators. One of them is named Tony. We were walking down the road and i had a feeling we should go talk to him so we went and started talking and he told us the missionaries used to visit him but that we could go visit him. When we left my companion told me that there was a teaching record for him in the area book so we went and looked and sure enough it was there. His only problem was that he never went to church. When we went to visit him he told us that he had read the entire Book of Mormon and that he knows it is true! We went in wanting to talk about keeping the Sabbath day holy and I asked him what are some things he thought he could do to show his faith to god and he told us baptism! haha he told us he wants to be baptized and the only reason he didn't go to church before was because he had health and family problems but now those are gone and he is going to start going to church. So pray that everything goes well with him.
I have been suffering from a cold for the past week and a half and it has been kicking my butt haha. Probably because it has been so freaking cold here at night...cold as in 60`s haha but when you are used to 90's all the time that is actually pretty cold. This area is freaking sweet because we play soccer with all the other elders from the zone Monday's, Wednesday's, Friday's and Saturday's at 6 in the morning. I am actually pretty good now, believe it or not.
So my new area is right behind the airport. God must have known that I needed something like this with everything that has been happening because every time an airplane passes over it makes me think of Dault and smile because I know that's what he loved doing.
Well that's pretty much it for this week.
Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment