Wow
what a week. We worked harder than ever this week to contact and find new
people to teach and we did a ton of contacts and actually found quite a few new
people to teach. To be honest, the majority of people that we talk to want
nothing to do with us haha. But we just try not to get discouraged and keep
looking for those few people that are prepared and ready to receive the gospel.
I guess we'll never know if we never talk to them.
So
like I said last week, we set the goal as a zone to contact 1200 people in one
week and if we did it we were going to go to the beach and have a giant
barbeque. Well we made it all the way up to 1164. Almost. A lot of
companionships worked really hard and some other ones weren’t really interested
in doing it but today we still had an awesome activity with the zone. Next week
one of my best friends from the mission and from the zone is going home. Elder
Lux. I remember the first day that I got to Piura he was the personal secretary
and me and him went and started contacting people while we were waiting for
president to finish the interviews. He has always been a great example to me
and I have learned a ton from him. So today we threw him a giant going away
party and it was awesome. We played games and volleyball in the church and then
ate lunch and had a piƱata and cake and everything. Then we threw eggs on his
head and dumped flour on him hahaha. It was quite a mess to clean up but it was
worth it.
Everything
is still great with C and L. They are seriously so ready to be baptized but we
just have to wait for all of their paperwork to get here so that they can get
married. L even brought her mom to church yesterday so that she could see how
it was. I love them haha.
So right now it is what they call
"carnivals" down here in South America. Which pretty much means that
all of the kids throw water on everyone and have water fights with people just
walking down the streets. And while the kids are playing all of the parents
just buy a bunch of beer and get wasted haha. We have already had some pretty
crazy experiences with some drunk people and carnivals is going to last until
the end of the month so this should be interesting haha. I will share those
stories at another time haha. Anyway that’s about it for this week. Love
you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment