Wow
this week was awesome. We had a zone conference with President Rowley this week
and we talked a lot about having faith to contact and talk to people to be able
to find new people to teach. That is something that we are definitely stressing
in our zone and in our mission right now. We have been trying our hardest to
talk to at least 20 new people every day. Then after that we had a work visit
and I went to negritos with Elder Harris. Him and his companion were having
some struggles contacting people in the street. So I just told him that I had
faith that anything was possible and he agreed. So we set a goal to talk to 75
people that day and when we got to the room that night we had talked to 77
people. It was a great testimony builder and helped me realize that if we set a
goal and work for it then the Lord will help us achieve it.
Also
something funny from the work visit. We went and did a service project where we
helped a lady cut all the dead branches off of her tree and move all the dead
grass into a pile. So we did it and when we finished she said, "Okay now
put it into these bags." but when I saw a giant pile of dead grass and dry
sticks I had another idea. So I said "are you sure you don’t want to just
burn it? That would be a lot easier and funner." it took a little
convincing but she finally just let us burn it hahahah. It almost looked like
one of dads fires at Island Park that would have made grandma go inside until
things got under control haha. When her son saw it he had the bright idea to go
get some chicken to cook on it. But because everything was so dry it was over
in about 10 minutes but he was still set on cooking his chicken. When we went
to leave they told us to wait because they wanted us to try the chicken and I
knew that it was going to just destroy us haha. Right when I bit into it I knew
my stomach was going to have some problems because the outside was crispy but
everything else was raw haha. But elder Harris liked it so I just gave it to
him. Then that night he was on the toilet for about 30 mins hahhaha.
The
highlight of the week was the baptisms we had on Saturday. It had been a while
since I have had any and a year since this area has had baptisms so it was nice
to finally have some. I set a goal a while back that the next baptism picture I
was going to send home wasn’t going to be just some random person that met the
requirements. But that it was going to be someone that I thought was really
going to be a convert to the church and to the gospel. And I think I have
achieved that goal. It was so special for me when R was bearing her testimony
after her baptism when she was saying that her baptism was so special but that
she knows that isn’t where it ends and that she wants to keep working hard and
living the gospel forever. Her daughter also got baptized and it now practicing
with the youth of the branch to dance in the Trujillo temple cultural
celebration. I hope they get to go.
This
week has strengthened my testimony that I know this church is true and that the
gospel changes lives and blesses families. I have seen that in other people and
in my own life and family. I’m so thankful for this church and gospel and for
Jesus Christ and the opportunity to serve a mission. Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment