Wow this week
was definitely a little bit different than the last 6. It is always different
getting used to living with someone else. Especially after you were such good
friends with your other companion. But my new companion is awesome and we get
along great and work had so everything is good.
This week was
awesome. We worked hard all week with the families we are teaching but this
week we tried to have a member family in almost every lesson with them. It was
a lot better than just teaching them alone and the members helped us out a ton.
And it paid off because all 9 of them came to church yesterday. R and L are
pumped for their baptism on the 31st and are progressing really fast. I love
teaching them because they actually want to learn and prepare themselves for
their baptism. A lot of other people are just there to kinda listen and nod
their heads haha. C and L are also progressing a lot. They are reading and
praying and everything. We just need to keep working on all of the papers and
stuff so that they can get married and get baptized on the 28th.
I love Talara.
I love the people here. I have made so many good friends since I have been
here. Especially with the families that we are teaching. We are always having
fun and there is always an awesome spirit felt when we are with them.
There are a
lot of new missionaries in our zone and everyone is working hard and it is
awesome. The Talara zone is going to be seeing some success over the next few
months and I know it. I am so happy to be here. I have been feeling that this
is where I am supposed to be and this is what I am supposed to be doing more
than ever lately. I am so thankful for my mission and the opportunities that it
is giving me.
Today we went
to Lobitos which is a beach about 15 mins from Talara. We played football and
soccer and all that stuff. I put sunscreen on but still got freaking fried
haha. There were a ton of gringos there because there are some really pretty
beaches around here that people always come to visit.
Well that’s pretty much it. Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment