Wow what a week. It was one of the best weeks of my mission
so far. Everything leading up to my birthday on Thursday was awesome and my
birthday had a little unexpected twist haha. So they were originally planning
on throwing a surprise party for me but then president Rowley called and said
he wanted to meet with us and the district president at 8 at night on Thursday.
So that pretty much went down the drain. Then he called the next day and said
that he wanted to leave and teach with us on Thursday from 3-8 hahaha so any
other ideas that they wanted to do went down the drain as well. But Thursday
was probably one of the best days of my mission. We went and taught I and S and
placed a date for them to get married and also to get baptized and they are
excited to keep progressing. Then in the rest of our lessons the spirit was way
strong. We had a lesson at 7 with R and at about 5:30 we found out that some
things had happened and she was really sad and we had no idea what we were
going to teach her. Then we walked in and started talking to her and the words
just came. It was probably the strongest I have ever felt the spirit when we
were in there talking to her with president Rowley.
Then on Thursday we had a multi zone conference with Sullana here in Talara. And boy was it freaking hot all day long. And we don’t have the
blessing of air conditioning down here and all we have is fans so that didn’t
really help. It has been super-hot for about a week now and has been raining. Tumbes
is flooded. The Piura River is way high and everyone is freaking out because
there is going to be "el NiƱo" this year. Which basically means that
it is going to rain like a cow peeing on a flat rock for a few months. I guess I
don’t really know how I feel about that haha. But other than all of this, the zone
conference was awesome. We talked a lot about the importance of a testimony. I
guess I have always had a testimony. I don’t really know of one exact moment or
experience of when I got my testimony. Mine has come little by little. And
especially since I came on my mission and I have had the chance to live the
gospel and love it. My testimony has become my most prized possession.
Good news! L and C are going to get married! They are now
just saving up the money that they need to get married and then after that C is
going to get baptized. The lord heard and answered our prayers and fasts. We
also found another really good family this week. They are C and S. They have 6
kids and it reminds me of Lisa’s family because they are all still little haha.
(I know that Lisa’s family isn’t little anymore, but they were when I left so
bear with me here.) But we went and taught them yesterday and they were super
receptive and we challenged them to baptism and they accepted. Now we are going
to put a date this week and start preparing them for it.
Next week is transfers so this is most likely my last week
in Talara. It will be sad to leave because I feel like I am leaving home again.
But I guess that’s just how the mission is haha.
Anyway have a good week! Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment