Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015

One more week down. Crazy how fast time flies. To be honest, this was one of the harder weeks I have had in the past couple months. We had most of our lessons fall through and weren’t able to find very many new investigators even though we have been working like crazy. But we are excited to get back at it this week.

Something I learned this week was about trusting in the spirit. I guess that has been something that has been hard for me to learn to do. To learn to listen to, hear and recognize the voice of the spirit, and then act according to what it says. But I focused and set goals that this week I was going to try to do it and I had a really cool experience. We were teaching a guy and I honestly don’t even remember about what. But I asked him a question and right when the words came out of my mouth I just thought, why did I just ask that? That has nothing to do with what we are talking about. But he thought about it for a second and started telling us things and the spirit was so strong after that. I realized after that it was the spirit that told me to ask that question so that he could later come and bear testimony to him. The lord knows all of his children. We don’t. But he will tell us how to help them if we are willing and ready to listen to the spirit.

A funny story from this week, I guess I will try to keep it PG so that you don’t get too offended. We were teaching this other guy about the restoration of the gospel and we got to the part about Joseph Smith and told him the story and the spirit was way strong. We started bearing testimony and then all of his ducks started walking in the room. (If that seems weird to you, I guess it’s kind of a Peru thing haha.) But there were seven of them. One boy and six girls. You can probably see where I am going with this. But we are just in plain lesson and these ducks just decide that it was perfect timing. I won’t go too into detail but we were laughing for the rest of the day about that one hahahaha.

S has been progressing and reading her Book of Mormon. But yesterday she didn’t come to church and we went to see her in the afternoon and she wasn’t there. We called her this morning and talked to her husband and he told us they might be moving to Piura this week. Freaking. Why does this stuff always happen to us? But hopefully she will stay.

At church yesterday we had 135 people there. That was the most people I have seen at church on a normal Sunday my entire mission. It was great to see so many people there and everyone was excited to see everyone. All of the members are working hard and the fruits are showing. Now we just got to keep moving up from there.

Well that’s about it. There’s going to be a huge strike this week where the city is going to shut down for two days and they aren’t going to let anyone in or out. I will be sure to send pictures haha.


Love you guys!





No comments:

Post a Comment