Monday, June 15, 2015


April 27, 2015

Wow this was a pretty crazy week. Unfortunately, there was no strike. Some person came and talked to the company that is causing all of the problems. But rumor has it that they only came "for show" so that they wouldn’t do a strike. And now everyone is super mad and saying that they are going to do an indefinite strike. I don’t know if that’s how you would word it in English but basically they are just going to have a strike and aren’t going to stop until they get what they want. Stay tuned for updates on that one ha-ha.

But this week me and Elder Soto got to take a little road trip to El Alto which is like a little tiny town an hour north of Talara. The mission offices sent us there to go get a birth certificate and I was freaking pumped thinking that it was going to be cool and that there was going to be things to see and things to do. But it was freaking boring. I think there are more things for a tourist to do in West Point than in El Alto hahahaha. I was a little fired up about that one. If they try and send us again I am going to send some poor district leader to do it because it was not worth it haha.

But things have been going great with our investigators. The couple we are working with are finally paying off their debts and are going to be able to start coming to church this week. They are going to be getting married at the end of May and then getting baptized. Kinda sucks because I most likely won’t be here in Talara anymore. But I guess I was able to be a part of them knowing the church and helping them. I am just happy for them and all of the progress that they have made and the changes that the gospel has helped them make in their lives and families. S is also going great. She came to church yesterday with all 6 of her kids and even brought her little sister. She is progressing well toward her baptismal date on May 9th. But yesterday was so much fun in church. Her two little boys (the twins that are 2) didn’t want to go to nursery and ended up just coming with her to gospel principles. It was basically my responsibility to keep them distracted for an hour so that she could pay attention. And it was awesome haha. I had them coloring in my planner, looking at pictures in a gospel art book I have, and I even taught them to recognize Jesus and say his name when they see him haha. So my mission was a success in gospel principles. I heard that the sisters didn’t have as much luck in relief society haha. But she loved church and is going to come to an activity we have on Friday and to church again on Sunday.

This week we had a zone meeting with President Rowley and after we had interviews. He has a giant picture of the army of Helaman and all of the missionaries sign their name on the outside of it and because he is leaving he brought it so that everyone could sign it. It was in a giant heavy wooden box and I was helping him carry it into the church and I smashed my finger way hard on the wall haha. I’m like 80% sure that it’s broken. It’s all swollen and bruised and crooked haha. But it’s all good. We had a great zone meeting and interviews with him. It was kinda sad because that will be my last interview with president Rowley before he leaves. I will miss him.

Anyway there has been a dengue breakout in Talara so pray that they mosquitos don’t choose me!


Well that’s all. Love you guys!





No comments:

Post a Comment