| And he's probably never seen a "selfie stick"! Wonder what he'll think of those!!! |
This week was crazy and full of changes. It has been awesome being with elder Rollins. We both have big goals and are working hard in our area to achieve them. To be honest, having a North American companion is awesome haha. I feel like we can connect a lot better and talk about common things that we both know. Not that having a Latino companion was bad, but I have loved having my first and last gringo one haha.
We found a really cool family this week. We went to visit a less active that isn’t really progressing so we just asked him for a reference. He didn’t really know of anyone but he said that the people that lived around the corner from him were receiving the missionaries about a year ago but nothing ever happened. Well we decided to go. They are the Zevallos family. Well when we first got there the mom wanted to like contend with us about Joseph Smith and why our church is so big and has so much money. But we just started talking about the Doctrine of Christ and we softened her right up haha! She started talking to us about the things that have been going on in her family and all her problems and stuff. She also has 5 kids that are really receptive too. So we visited them a few times and they all came to church yesterday! It was sweet.
So we had a leadership council with president last week. And we were looking at the numbers of the mission and to be honest, a lot needed and needs to be changed here. So we decided to make some changes in the mission. One of the biggest changes we made was that every single day, from 6-8 at night, we are only supposed to knock doors and look for new families to teach. I was excited for the change because I mean that’s what me and my companion had been doing all week haha. But it has really helped us out in more than one way. We are finding new investigators and it is helping us have to plan a lot better. I’m stoked.
My companion and I decided to fast this weekend so that we could find a new family to teach. A family that is prepared and ready to be baptized. Well we finished our fast on Sunday and in the afternoon we headed out to go teach. A few lessons fell through so I looked at the references from my planner. We went to look for a guy named Hector. He lived basically at the end of our area but when we got there and knocked on the door I could tell there was something special. Well probably because when they opened the door I saw a bunch of pictures of Christ and even a pictures of Moroni with the plates haha. Come to find out the wife is a member that recently moved to our area but has been attending another branch. She and Hector used to live in another area and they weren’t married. Well the missionaries there worked with them like 4 months ago to be able to get married, the missionaries were changed, and they never got to get married. Until a month ago when they got married! It was so awesome to find them and I know the Lord hears and answers our prayers. I have a very strong testimony of fasting as well.
Yesterday was District Conference here in Paita. President and Sister Rasmussen gave some awesome talks. The crazy part was when President just randomly called on my companion and me to go up and share our testimonies and our experience from our mission. Haha the first thing I said was, "well future missionaries, just so you know, you need to always be prepared because your mission president can call on you at any time and make you go up and talk in front of everyone." haha it’s a good thing President Rasmussen has a good sense of humor haha.
Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment