Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 10, 2015

Otter Pops in Peru...who knew! Haha...a little piece of heaven for this kid!!!
Wow I honestly can’t believe how fast time has flown. Today is the start of my last transfer in the mission. And to be honest, a transfer that I am lucky to have. It’s weird because all of the missionaries from my group are going home tomorrow. But I still don’t feel like my time is up yet. My companion returned home this transfer...if I had a dollar for every time I heard him talk about or mention the fact that he was going home I could have bought him his own plane ticket and sent him two weeks ago haha. But even though he was a little trunky I still loved him to death. My new companion is Elder Rollins from Lehi. Yep that’s right, a North American companion! Maybe I can improve a little bit more on my English this transfer haha. But so far we have gotten along great. I knew him from when he was in the office as the financial secretary and it will be fun to work with him. I’m really excited.

So on Saturday Pamela got baptized. I don’t know how I forgot but I forgot to mention that to you guys last week. It was a great baptismal service. The best part about Pamela was that we basically didn’t have to do very much. The young women took charge of everything. Helping her come to church, helping her go to the activities, making sure she has friends,
and much more. We just taught her the lessons and helped her get enough of a testimony to make the decision and have the faith to do it. The young women also participated a lot in the baptismal service. It was the first baptism in over 16 months in our branch so the members were really excited for it and so was I.










Well this marks the start of my last transfer. And after seeing how many missionaries have been finishing their missions lately, I don’t want to be just another one of them. I want to work my hardest every single day that I have left. I am going to look at these next six weeks as a gift that God has given to be able to keep participating in this great work. I know we will see miracles this transfer.

Well that’s all. Love you guys!

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


No comments:

Post a Comment