So there’s not really any news this week haha. J didn’t come to church because he and his girly friend got in a fight. I guess we are really going to have to make sure he can get a testimony haha. And the other people we were teaching didn’t come either. Heck, we even showed up 40 mines late ha-ha. Here’s the story, on Saturday we went out with our mission leader and we found this new family to start teaching. On a scale of one to ten I would say they were about a 6 as far as level of interest goes. But we still committed them to coming to church on Sunday. Well our church starts at ten. So we told them we would pass by at nine thirty. When we got there they were just barely going to shower. I wanted to die haha. So they all got ready and we went to church and finally got there at ten forty. Haha but the kids liked the primary and young women’s and stuff. The mom wasn’t as excited. But hey, you win some and you lose some.
Funny story from this week, me and my companion were walking down the road and we walked past a parked moto. In the back of the moto there was a dog that was just chillin out being cool. Well then he started to kind of lazily bark at us. Well us, two twenty year old who think they are funny, started telling the dog to do something. "Do something!" "Come over here and do something!" and all other kinds of stuff that we were just egging him on to come and attack us. Well someone must have taught that dog an infinite amount of Spanish or someone must have peed in his coffee that morning, because he jumped right down and ran after us and almost bit my companion. I was already on the other side of the street by the time he got there but my companion didn’t really know what to do ahahaha. So be careful what you say to dogs, you never know if they might just understand you.
And today marks one year since my best friend Daulton and his brother Jaxon passed away. Crazy how fast time flies and it still seems so surreal to me. But the thing that keeps giving me comfort is the gospel of Jesus Christ and the promised blessings. That was a really hard time for me in my mission. Pretty much the refining fire. But it helped me learn to put all of my faith and trust in god and everything will be okay. I miss Daulton. And I’m sure it will hit me even harder when I get home. But I have the surety that I will see him again. And that’s what keeps me going.
Well that’s about it.
Love you guys!
No pictures this week from Logan...just adding these from memories with Daulton...


No comments:
Post a Comment