Wow this week was awesome. Last Monday I got to go to Chulucanas and go visit a few of the families that I met there. It was crazy to
be there 1 year later and see how everything has changed. But also how
everything is still the same. One of my favorite parts was when Jake (the
little 5 year old kid in the member’s house where we lived) still remembered my
name. It was awesome. His dad asked him if he remembered my name and he just
yelled "Elder Chocman!" and ran up and hugged my legs. It was
awesome. Then we visited the pensionista and said hi to her and her family. I
promised them I would be back in September with my parents. So mom and dad I
hope you are ready to make a trip to Chulucanas!
All day Tuesday we were at the service project in a little
town just outside of Chulucanas called "La Matanza" and it was a
pretty sweet day. We were just translating for a volunteer group called
"The Hope Alliance" which was giving away glasses to people that
needed them. They were about 10 or 12 and all from Utah. But only two were
members which was surprising to me haha. But I spent the whole day translating
for a guy named Matt Poston and he was a really cool guy. The service we did
was awesome and it was a great experience to see the people and their reaction
when they put the glasses on and could finally see. They had probably been
seeing blurry their entire life but when they put on glasses their faces lit up
with happiness. It was awesome. Then we got back to Piura late that night and
spent the night in the mission offices. It was my first time sleeping there and
it was awesome ha-ha. Hot water, air conditioning, I wouldn’t mind going back
for a few more nights ha-ha.
Yesterday we found a really cool family that we are going to
start teaching today. We went up to the door and the guy immediately let us in
his house and we started talking to him. Well we could see that the family was
really busy with things so we just set up an appointment to come back today and
were going to leave. But they invited us to stay for dinner with them and
everything. They have a son that is in jail and they are going through some
tough times as a family but they just kept telling us that they knew that we
were messengers from god and that they wanted to listen to us. It made me think
of the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 29:7, how the elect recognize the lord’s
voice and his servants. Hopefully we can be good instruments in helping them
learn more. Something funny about that night, they gave us a glass full of what
we thought was coffee so we just left it sitting there on the table all dinner.
Well at the end they told us that it was hot chocolate so we just chugged it
down. But by that time it had already gone cold hahaha. But hey, better safe
than sorry I guess ha-ha. Because last time I just downed like half a glass of
tea without even knowing until my companion told me ha-ha. But hey I’m from Utah.
How am I supposed to know about these things??? ha-ha.
Well that’s about it. Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment