June 15, 2015
Holy cow this
week was probably the busiest week of my entire mission. We only had two days
to actually work in our area which was pretty depressing. But at least it’s
over and we will be able to focus better this week.
It all started
on Tuesday with the multi zone conference in Piura. We had to get there bright
and early and we also had to prepare a special musical number with the zone. Well
they told us a little too late and we only practiced the musical number like
twice before the conference. But it all turned out great. It was one of my
favorite conferences of my mission. It just had a different spirit to it. It
was also president Rowley’s last conference with us so it was pretty sad. I
have learned so much from him and I am definitely going to miss him. Then after
the zone conference we came back to Paita and started a work visit. I went with
Elder Abbott from Montana to his area in Pueblo Nuevo. It is a little town
about 30 mins from Paita and is basically identical to Chulucanas. So you can
imagine that I was loving life haha. In Pueblo Nuevo it is just a family group
so the elders live in the church (well the house that has been turned into a
church) and pretty much are in charge of the church. It was cool to be there
for a day and to work with Elder Abbott.
Then on Thursday
Sister Rowley wanted me to go to Piura to get my finger x rayed. I guess you
could say she worries a little hahaha (Mom note…in her defense she is like a
mom to a few hundred missionaries…pretty sure I would have done the same!). But
we had to be there at three thirty and the doctor was going to get there at 4. Well
the doctor didn’t show up until 6:30 and we didn’t get back to Paita until 7:30.
It was exhausting. Turns out I have a micro fracture in my finger. But there’s
nothing I can do but just toughen up and wait for it to heal haha. In my
defense I didn’t even want to go but we went to make Sister Rowley and the
offices happy haha.
Then Friday we
were with President Rowley all day doing room inspections in Paita. It was one
of the best days of my mission. Just driving around with him and his wife
talking all day. Definitely one of the days that I will never forget. I am so
thankful for him. It will be sad to see him go but I am excited for the new
president to get here too.
Well this Sunday
is the Trujillo Temple Dedication. I’m pumped because I have never seen a
temple dedication and I am excited to be a part of this one. Peru needed a
temple in the northern part and this will be a great blessing to the members
here.
Well that’s
about all from my busy week here in Paita!
Love you guys!


No comments:
Post a Comment