May 11, 2015
Well this week
was really good here in Talara. We changed S’s baptismal date to next Sunday so
we are hoping and praying and will probably fast so that everything will work
out with her. We had a really good lesson with her on Saturday night and she almost
started crying because of all the changes that she has been able to see in her
family and in her life since we started teaching her and she was really excited
to come to church on Sunday. But she called us in the morning and said she wasn’t
going to be able to go for something that happened. But we are going to visit
her tonight so hopefully everything works out okay.
This week we
saw a bunch of pictures from the Trujillo temple open house and let me just
say, it is the prettiest temple I have ever seen. If you haven’t seen the
pictures yet, go look at them. We might even be able to plan a trip to come
visit it in a couple years ;) ha-ha. I heard the Payson temple is really pretty
too. Crazy how many temples are getting built! The temple should be the goal
for everyone. That is where we can make covenants and become eternal families. I
can’t wait to be able to go to the temple again. It’s been a while haha.
On Friday night
we had a mother’s day activity in the branch and everything went great. The
church was absolutely full haha. I had never seen that many people in the
church before. But it was a sweet activity. It was like a talent show thing and
as missionaries we did a skit that was way funny. I won’t go too into detail on
what we did because I don’t know if you would understand it through email. But
just take my word for it, it was awesome.
Well this week
is also transfers. And it looks like I will most likely be leaving Talara. I
have loved Talara and it has been my favorite area so far. It will be hard to
leave. Crazy that the next area will probably be my last one. To be honest, I don’t
like the sound of that haha. But I guess we will see how everything works out
with the transfers and where they will send me. Or hopefully if they let me
stay in Talara for 6 more weeks haha.
Love you guys!
PS happy mother’s
day to everyone on this list! (Well the moms, not everyone)
No comments:
Post a Comment