Monday, June 15, 2015

May 4, 2015




May 4, 2015

Wow what a week. Okay we are going to have a problem here. This space bar doesn’t work very well so some of my words might be stuck together (Trust me…they did…the unedited version had me going crazy!). Anyway this week was awesome! We helped S feel a little bit better about her baptism but we might end up changing it for next Saturday. I guess we will see. Everything is going great with her and her and all of her kids came to church yesterday. She just might need another week to prepare and to have her interview. But tomorrow we are going to visit her to talk about all of this so I guess we will just have to wait and see haha. 

This week we had a branch "family home evening" in the house of one of the oldest members in Talara. His health has been going bad lately and he wanted to see everyone therein his house to try and cheer him up. It was awesome because none of his kids are members but they were all so happy with the activity and how it turned out. There was a Great Spirit felt there.

We also found a new investigator named H (the names down here never cease to surprise me). But he is freaking sweet. We just started talking to him in his door because we had contacted his step dad like week ago. Well he wasn’t home so we just took advantage of the opportunity so talk to someone new. Well he let us in right off the bat and we taught the restoration. He was really interested and at the end said one of the most sincere prayers I think have ever heard from an investigator in the first lesson. He had to work this Sunday and wasn’t able to go to church. But hopefully next week he comes and we can start working with him.

I and S went to get all the paperwork they need to be able to get married and are going to be getting married at the end of the month. I most likely won’t be here for it but oh well. I’m really happy for them. 

In our branch we had another activity on Friday where we made three groups and each group had to present a story from the scriptures. It turned out super funny and there was tons of member participation. This week we have a mother’s day activity and are planning sweet sketch with the missionary’s haha. 

Yesterday at church I bore my testimony. It was kinda hard because it was most likely my last testimony here in Talara. I was holding back tears to be honest haha. I love Talara. And it will be hard to leave in a few weeks. Well I guess that is if I do leave haha. But these people have become like family to me. 

Well that’s about it. Love you guys!







No comments:

Post a Comment